At R3 Wound Care and Hyperbarics, we are dedicated to providing the highest quality care for all of our patients. We are the largest independent outpatient Hyperbaric Oxygen Facility in the Dallas/Fort Worth and San Antonio areas and are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment.
We are here to provide your patients with wound care, post-surgical incision care, and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Rest assured, at each of our clinics we customize treatment methods to suit your patient’s individual needs. With weekly updates, we aim to work alongside physicians by providing regular progress reports and treatment feedback. This way, we can make sure that we are providing the exact care you require for your patients and adjust the treatment accordingly if needed.
What is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
As you may know, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (also known as HBOT) is a very specialized therapy that quickly delivers 100% pure oxygen in high concentrations to injured areas of the body. The increase in atmospheric pressure allows the body to incorporate more healing oxygen into the blood cells, plasma, and cerebral spinal fluid. This extra oxygen aids in the body’s healing process and enhances the white blood cells’ ability to fight infections. Plus, it can also promote the development of new capillaries, aid in building new connective tissues, and helps the organs to function optimally.
The Benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Promotes healing
- Reduces swelling
- Reduces pain and discomfort
- Assists white blood cells in fighting infection
- Helps fight infection
- Increases collagen production
- Promotes greater tissue strength
Conditions That HBOT Can Help With:
- Surgical wounds and flaps
- Delayed radiation injuries
- Diabetic Wounds
- Skin grafts recovery
- Mohs surgery recovery
- Limb salvage treatment
- Pressure ulcers
- Sudden sensorineural hearing loss
- Intracranial abscesses
- Venous insufficiency ulcers
- Gas gangrene
- Decompression sickness
- Crush injury
- Severe anemia
- Necrotizing infection
- Burn Recovery
- Air or gas embolism
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning
How Many Treatments Will My Patient Need?
As you know, with certain medical treatments, a series of treatments over a period of time yields the best possible results. HBOT is one such treatment. Our team at R3 recommends sessions five days a week when possible, though it’s not required. Daily treatments help maintain high oxygen levels in the body and produce the best outcomes, but if life circumstances intervene, the R3 team will help you create a schedule that maximizes lasting results. When referring your patient, please do take note of the following:
- Your patients can expect to feel great after their HBOT sessions, however, they may experience fatigue after the first few sessions as the oxygen kicks in. Once the patient’s body adjusts, they will soon feel energized and rejuvenated.
- If your patient is diabetic, our clinics will make sure to monitor your patients sugar levels before and after each HBOT session. The hyperbaric oxygen can drop blood sugar during the 90-minute treatment, so it’s important to enter HBOT with blood sugar levels high enough to prevent low glucose symptoms. We provide healthy drinks and snacks to all our patients, which can help stabilize sugar levels during each treatment
Contact Us Today
We look forward to working together in helping to heal your patients. If there is anything our office can assist with please let us know. You may also send your referrals directly by fax to 817-337-6866. And, for your referrals, all we need is the patient’s demographics and notes from their last visit. At R3 Healing, we also offer transportation for patients who are unable to drive themselves.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 817-337-6604, or by email at email@example.com.